My name is Miro. Since June 1988 I am licenced radio-amateur in Bosnia. From 1993 I live in the Netherlands. After my arrival in the Netherlands I was for a long time not active. In begin I was generally active on 2m with my old CALL PA3HGI. For QSO's on 2m from home I used my Kenwood TH-G71E and Slim-Jim and for mobile work a diamond dualband antenna.
On shortwave I was sporadically active on 20, 15 and 10m with my old Yaesu FT-901DE and GPA-3 a antenna. In June 2000 I got a nice offer for FT-1000MP with built in PSU (not standard in all implementation).
Thereby I buy all optional filters.
For QSO's on HF I still use GPA-3 for 10, 15 and 20m and dipol for 40 and 80m. I am waiting for license to place an 6 element 3 band beam (for 20, 15 and 10m) KLM KT-34XA. Further I want to experiment with short HF antennas.
Mobile I use my Yaesu FT-7800 and diamond antenna on 2m and 70cm.
On 2m @ home I run Winlink RMS Packet and RMS Relay for EmComm (24/7). I still look for a nice set for VHF/UHF.
At this moment I use Yaesu FT-1000MP to work on HF.
This set I have for the first time seen in Hans PA3BLU shack, when I was on a visit. Hans gave me a small demonstration. At the moment I became "in love" on this set. "This is what I need",was my reaction. End of May 2000 I have bought this set with all optional filters. Since purchase I have a lot of fun with this set.
Connected on my Fritzel GPA-3 he did wonders. I did not expected this because I got this one incomplete from Bram - PA0VLK, without radials. I rebuild radials and it is working fine.
I could easy make QSO at each pile-up and it was possible to filter out all QRM/QRN and receive all weak signals. I got the best raporten for my signal from far stations.
I am also experimenting on HF with Winlink RMS Winmore for EmComm. Because it is experimental (at this moment), it is not permanently QRV.
For VHF/UHF QSO's I use:
- portabel - Kenwood TH-G71E
- @ home - Condor 16 (looking for an multiband multimode RIG) and Slim Jim antenna
- Mobile - Yaesu FT-7800 with Diamond dualband antenna
DonatePlease consider a small donation.
- Afghanistan: Jan 3-Feb 28, 2013 -- T6LG -- QSL via: LotW
- Mauritius: Nov 9-Dec 6, 2016 -- 3B8 -- QSL via: DJ7RJ Direct
- Senegal: Nov 6-16, 2016 -- 6V1IS -- QSL via: Club Log
- Maldives: Nov 20-Dec 3, 2016 -- 8Q7SP -- QSL via: LotW
- Central African Rep: Feb 1-28, 2017 -- TL8TT -- QSL via: LotW
- St Barthelemy: Nov 19-26, 2016 -- FJ -- QSL via: LotW
- Central African Rep: Nov 10-22, 2016 -- TL8AO -- QSL via: LotW
- North Cook Is: Jan 11-Feb 6, 2017 -- E51AMF -- QSL via: LotW
- Chatham Is: Nov 24-Dec 1, 2016 -- ZL7 -- QSL via: LotW
- Br Virgin Is: Nov 2-16, 2016 -- VP2V -- QSL via: LotW
- CWops Mini-CWT Test
- NCCC Sprint
- Phone Fray
- QRP Fox Hunt
- JIDX Phone Contest
- OK/OM DX Contest, CW
- SKCC Weekend Sprintathon
- Kentucky QSO Party
- CQ-WE Contest
- NAQCC CW Sprint
- YO International PSK31 Contest
- WAE DX Contest, RTTY
- NCCC RTTY Sprint
- 10-10 Int. Fall Contest, Digital
- Homebrew and Oldtime Equipment Party
- RSGB 2nd 1.8 MHz Contest, CW
- ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB
- Feld Hell Sprint
- ARRL EME Contest
- LZ DX Contest
- All Austrian 160-Meter Contest