When subscribed you will receive a mail notification if new version of the extension(s) is published.
My name is Miro. Since June 1988 I am licenced radio-amateur in Bosnia. From 1993 I live in the Netherlands. After my arrival in the Netherlands I was for a long time not active. In begin I was generally active on 2m with my old CALL PA3HGI. For QSO's on 2m from home I used my Kenwood TH-G71E and Slim-Jim and for mobile work a diamond dualband antenna.
On shortwave I was sporadically active on 20, 15 and 10m with my old Yaesu FT-901DE and GPA-3 a antenna. In June 2000 I got a nice offer for FT-1000MP with built in PSU (not standard in all implementation).
Thereby I buy all optional filters.
For QSO's on HF I still use GPA-3 for 10, 15 and 20m and dipol for 40 and 80m. I am waiting for license to place an 6 element 3 band beam (for 20, 15 and 10m) KLM KT-34XA. Further I want to experiment with short HF antennas.
Mobile I use my Yaesu FT-7800 and diamond antenna on 2m and 70cm.
On 2m @ home I run Winlink RMS Packet and RMS Relay for EmComm (24/7). I still look for a nice set for VHF/UHF.
At this moment I use Yaesu FT-1000MP to work on HF.
This set I have for the first time seen in Hans PA3BLU shack, when I was on a visit. Hans gave me a small demonstration. At the moment I became "in love" on this set. "This is what I need",was my reaction. End of May 2000 I have bought this set with all optional filters. Since purchase I have a lot of fun with this set.
Connected on my Fritzel GPA-3 he did wonders. I did not expected this because I got this one incomplete from Bram - PA0VLK, without radials. I rebuild radials and it is working fine.
I could easy make QSO at each pile-up and it was possible to filter out all QRM/QRN and receive all weak signals. I got the best raporten for my signal from far stations.
I am also experimenting on HF with Winlink RMS Winmore for EmComm. Because it is experimental (at this moment), it is not permanently QRV.
For VHF/UHF QSO's I use:
- portabel - Kenwood TH-G71E
- @ home - Condor 16 (looking for an multiband multimode RIG) and Slim Jim antenna
- Mobile - Yaesu FT-7800 with Diamond dualband antenna
DonatePlease consider a small donation.
- Ethiopia: Jan 17-Apr 12, 2016 -- ET7L -- QSL via: LotW
- Afghanistan: Jan 3-Feb 28, 2013 -- T6LG -- QSL via: LotW
- Easter I: Apr 16-29, 2016 -- CE0Y -- QSL via: LU4DXU Direct
- Ogasawara: Apr 30-May 6, 2016 -- JD1BLY -- QSL via: JI5RPT
- Bahamas: Jun 23-Jul 8, 2016 -- C6AUX -- QSL via: VE3IKV Direct
- Malta: May 13-19, 2016 -- 9H3SQ -- QSL via: SQ3RX
- Norfolk I: Apr 23-May 2, 2016 -- VK9NU -- QSL via: LotW
- Ogasawara: Apr 27-May 6, 2016 -- JD1BMH -- QSL via: JG7PSJ Direct
- Bahrain: Apr 27-May 1, 2016 -- A91HI -- QSL via: LotW
- Indonesia: May 15-Jun 1, 2016 -- YB9 -- QSL via: PA1AW
- Jersey: Apr 23-30, 2016 -- MJ0KUC -- QSL via: Auto Buro
- St Paul: Aug 19-28, 2016 -- CY9C -- QSL via: WA4DAN
- Norfolk I: May 20-31, 2016 -- VK9NT -- QSL via: LotW